More About Our Six Values:
Our People Value supports the attainment of individual wellbeing and fulfilment.
It is seen as a primary driver of support for the following of the United Nation’s Sustainability Goals.
An individual identifying People as a Value, would prioritise acting:
- To respect the rights of other people to lead lives that are valued, protected from harassment or victimisation.
- To appreciate and advocate support for the diversity of the cultures, perspectives and opinions of others.
- To care for people. Such as making sure someone is safe and well: looking after them if they are sick and protecting them from harm if they are at risk.
- To look after their own physical and mental wellbeing. Keeping fit and healthy, according to their abilities. Allowing others to look after them if they are in need. Such as by telling other people if they need help and accepting it, when it is fair to do so.
An organisation identifying People as a Value, would prioritise acting in accordance with the following:
Protection of human rights, physical and social wellbeing through:
- Equality of treatment and opportunity.
- Health and safety.
- Consumer protection.
Specific initiatives to reward nurture and empower employees and supply chain workers including:
- Fair labour practices; pay and working conditions.
- Prevention of modern slavery.
- Protection for whistle-blowers.
- Grievance redress and labour representation.
- Initiatives to improve physical and mental health and wellbeing.
Coming soon: our pdf which maps how this Value supports the legal duties of companies, charities and public sector organisations.