More About Our Six Values:
Our Value of Responsible Action supports the principles of ethical governance and respect for the property rights of individuals and organisations.
It is seen as a primary driver of support for the following of the United Nation’s Sustainability Goals.
An individual identifying Responsible Action as a Value would prioritise acting:
- Honestly and with integrity.
- With good manners, following the rules of behaviour in our societies such as not jumping a queue and following social distancing.
- To honour any commitments that they make, keeping their word.
- To balance their needs fairly against those of others, such as not taking something offered, when they know that someone else needs it more.
- To redress unfairness when they see wrongdoing.
- If they have money to invest, doing so ethically.
- To protect their personal information and on-line security and respect the privacy of others.
- Basically, to do the ‘right thing’.
An organisation identifying Responsible Action as a Value, would prioritise acting in accordance with the following:
- Cornerstones of fair operating practice in compliance with all applicable legislation and regulation.
- Respect for property rights, data protection and privacy.
- Prevention of collusion and corruption.
- The provision of assurance through fiscal and risk management, legal compliance and cyber security.
- Transparent decision making and reporting, with emphasis on performance against Values commitments, sustainability goals and targets across all Value Strategies.
- Democratic representation and accountable leadership with no abuse of power.
- Provision of strategic and operational purpose through policies, mission and values setting to empower and create impetus.
Coming soon: our pdf which maps how this Value supports the legal duties of companies, charities and public sector organisations.