More about our Values:
An individual identifying Community as a Value, would prioritise acting in such ways as:
- Being part of a community of liked-minded others, such as a member of a local club or association.
- Volunteering at a charity or community group.
- Being a member of a community of faith or culture.
- Taking part in a sport or hobby, or a community of thought, including appreciation of the arts, science and human heritage.
- Supporting a team.
- Supporting a group that campaigns on behalf of a cause that they believe in or concern that they have.
An organisation prioritising Valuing Community would (through its core work and / or purpose, plus any investment, donations, pro-bono professional advice and volunteering), support the following:
- Communities of belief, culture and faith.
- The arts, science and heritage.
- Health and wellbeing (of humans, flora and fauna).
- Sports and education.
- Life-skills mentoring and employability.
- Equalities and inclusion.
- Societal resilience and responses to emergency or disaster.
- Geographical places such as a region, locality or a site of significant human heritage.
Coming soon: our pdf which maps how this Value supports the legal duties of companies, charities and public sector organisations.